South Africa's National Parks are Closed
The Minister of Environment, Forestry and Fisheries, Barbara Creecy, announced today that all of South Africa's National Parks will be hereby closed during the Corona Virus Lockdown.
South Africa has 19 National Parks:
1. Kruger National Park
2. Addo Elephant National Park
3. Table Mountain National Park
4. Augrabies Falls National Park
5. Bontebok National Park
6. West Coast National Park
7. Tsitsikamma National Park
8. Mokala National Park
9. Namaqua National Park
10. Golden Gate Highlands National Park
11. Agulhas National Park
12. Karoo National Park
13. Mountain Zebra National Park
14. Garden Route National Park
15. Camdeboo National Park
16. Richtersveld National Park
17. iSimangaliso Wetland Park
18. Kgalagadi National Park
19. Mapungubwe National Park
The explanation on the Nation Parks closure comes in at 1:39:20 on the video above.
All of the above parks are closed to visitors during the Covid-19 lockdown.
Existing international visitors to the parks who fall into the category of "visitors from high risk countries" have been placed in isolation.
Department of Health is being called in to discuss the way forward regarding those visitors.
All aspects of ranger services and wildlife management services will continue, so as to protect the parks and their wildlife.
Stay safe everyone!